Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dawsha Days and Fourth of July

The end of June and the beginning of July brought a visit from Dawsha!! The first day she was here we went to King's Dominion, which was awesome, and then the power went out that night. Little did we know, it would be off for 3 very long, hot days!!
 But Dawsha was a good sport about it and we made the best of things by escaping from the hot house to the hot outdoors :) At least here, at Swains Lock, we had the lovely Potomac River and part of the old C&O canal to keep us entertained!
 Fortunately, by the fourth of July, the power was restored and we journey downtown to enjoy the fireworks...along with the rest of the city it seemed :) Quite crowded, but we still had fun. This is Betsy, Seth, and Dawsha.
 I felt very patriotic watching the fireworks light up the sky from my view at the Jefferson Memorial. Amazing to see those lights along side all the monuments on the Mall.
 Me, Betsy, and Dawsha in front of the Jefferson memorial before the start of the show. I had such fun times with these ladies!!
 Sadly, Dawsha lef the next day, but Eve and I went on Saturday the 7th up to Antietam. They do an annual patriotic concert and fireworks display. They even shoot off live cannon during the Overture of 1812 performance. It was quite hot that day walking around the battlefield, but luckly we had a friend, Heston, who lived nearby and rescued us from the worst of the days heat. Very fun day!!!
I love history and I'm learning so much more about the Civil War being out here. I'm loving seeing all these places I've only read about. Minus the whole humidity thing, I'm really enjoying my time out east!!

No comments:

Post a Comment