Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dinner at Violette Lock

Friday evening Christian and I went for a picnic dinner at Violette Lock! It was once part of the C&O canal system just off the Potomac River.
We saw lots of wildlife including turtles, birds, and flying fish! Or at least fish that jumped out of the water for their insect dinners :)

We walked around before we found our river side seating arrangements. This is me near the edge of the Potomac.

 It's a pretty historic civil war era site too, so Christian has now conquered this strech of river for the Union side- good thing he's one of the good guys :)
 Christian and I by the Potomac- a dirty river, but some great views!
 On our drive back, we witnessed the most amazing sunset I've seen in months! The camera doesn't capture just how awesome it was but just believe me when I say I was dazzled!
Wonderful dinner, beautiful sunset over horses feeding in their fields, and excellent company. I'd say it was a pretty perfect evening for this girl!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like you had an absolutely LOVELY evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Fun! I miss Maryland sunsets so much! There is nothing like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear details. :)

    ReplyDelete