Saturday, December 3, 2011

Surprise Visit to Chicago!

I decided it would be an awesome idea to surprise Naomi with a visit in Chicago and with the help of my secret keeper Kevin surprise her I did!! I got to spend 2 very busy weeks there and had a great time with the whole Hanks clan :) Above are random shots of everyday life in Chicago.

While there I got to go Geocaching for the first time and it was awesomely fun!! Brooklyn got to hold a caterpillar that we found in the park while looking for our treasure :)

Lily and Brooklyn enjoying the stroller ride through the park.

Throwing rocks into the river was also a crucial part of the adventure in Lily's book :)

And climbing on something high and worrying Naomi was Kevin's :)

Naomi's personal treasure as discovered by Brooklyn- a dirt covered nut :)

This random pic of Lily was one of my favorites!! Naomi and I were putting up Christmas decorations and Lily and Brooklyn decided this box was the best toy ever. Forget buying presents :) She's just so cute!!

While in Chicago I got a call from a hospital in DC. Long story short, after spending a day there and interviewing with them, I was offered and accepted a job at Holy Cross Hospital and will start at the end of Dec/beginning of January. Guess this site will become more common for me!

I flew back from DC and that night we drove from Chicago to Detroit to spend Thanksgiving with Andrew, Sharon, and Eve. By this time, Lily had claimed me as her own and we had many moments like this while chilling around the house :) I loved it!!

Meanwhile Brooklyn claimed Andrew and pretty soon had him doing whatever she wanted. Adorable little manipulator :)

Thanksgiving dinner was a huge affair and mad props to Sharon for her awesome culinary skills. A few of us helped but she was the brains behind the whole operation! Nice job Sharon! So tasty, especially the homemade rolls and the crock pot turkeys. Happiness in my mouth :)

Friday we spend some time at the Ford Museum. They have large displays of every kind of transportation from cars and trains to planes and buggies. Very cool!

After putting the kids to bed that night, the adults got to party with a little fondue action. Yummo!

Before we left the next morning, the girls spend some quality time jumping on the air mattress. No casualties and it was entertaining to watch them!

I got to spend my birthday and a few more days back in Chicago with the Hanks before coming home to Utah. I got treated to an awesome birthday dinner and dessert, and couple of birthday cards from Mom and Grandma, and a present from Naomi that was perfect. I'm going to miss being in Chicago and playing with my girls (all 3 of them!). Thanks so much for a great vacation guys!!

2 comments:

  1. Man you got some pretty dang cute pics of my nieces! So happy you got to hang out with those guys and that you had so much fun! Congrats on your DC job! what an amazing opportunity! We'll be down there for the marathon in March, you better come cheer us on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new job!! That sounds like a fantastic adventure! Also, happy belated Bday!

    ReplyDelete